WHAT CAN EDC HELP YOU WITH?
EDC can quickly and inexpensively provide reliable data of drug substances and chemicals, their metabolites, impurities and degradation products using computer-based methods in high quality (e.g. for REACH, EMA, U.S. FDA) for retrospective and prospective substance evaluation:
- Evaluation and registration of existing substances
- Improvement and optimization of existing substances
- Targeted de novo and re-design of substances
What tools does EDC use?
EDC uses different computer-based methods for targeted calculation and estimation of properties of active pharmaceutical ingredients and chemicals:
- Physicochemical parameters (e.g., water solubility, volatility, octanol-water partition coefficient)
- Toxicity (e.g. mutagenicity, genotoxicity)
- Ecotoxicity (e.g. bacterial toxicity, fish toxicity)
- Behavior in the environment (e.g. biodegradability)
What other expertise does EDC have?
EDC also has many years of experience in the following areas:
- Preparation of customer-specific literature searches
- Questions regarding hazardous waste
- Questions concerning the handling of hazardous substances
- Evaluation of analytical methods and results
- Preparation of relevant expert opinions
- Preparation of relevant studies
- Green chemistry
- Sustainable chemistry
Does EDC carry out experimental work?
EDC does not have its own laboratories. If necessary, experimental work is carried out together with competent partners such as the Institute for Sustainable Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg or commercial laboratories certified under GLP. EDC is happy to cooperate with companies and laboratories recommended by its customers.